We are mostly a group of unpaid volunteers without a large budget for distributed content management software. However, we still want to provide a great user experience for both our mentors and our students. So we use free open-source tools whenever we can. Here is how we built this site.
- Our content language is Markdown.
- We use Python Markdown to parse our content.
- We convert Markdown to HTML with mkdocs.
- Our user interface theme isMkdocs Material. We use an extensive number of Material user interface components.
- Our software version control system is git
- Our site is hosted on GitHub page.
- We use standard code highlighting provided by the mkdocs codehilite extension.
- Our BY-NC-SA content license agreement is created by Creative Commons
We wish to acknowledge the work of everyone that contributes to open-source projects. Without these systems this work would not be possible.
If you would like to contribute lesson we welcome your contribution as a git pull request. You can read our CoderDojo Twin CitiesAuthoring Guide if you would like to help out.